Learn These Tips to Clean Baitcasting Reel
Baitcasters are fisherman’s favorite fishing reel. Why would it not be? After all, baitcasting reels come with the essential required for fishing without much difficulty. Especially, when you are fond of challenges and always want to play with larger fishes, baitcasting reels become a must.
No matter if you are an expert fisherman! It doesn’t even matter if you can boast having a top-notch baitcaster! You cannot avoid sufferings in the long-run if you do not clean baitcasting reel properly. As you purchase one and start using that, its starts waning. Already worried about it? You will not have to if you have a look at our article that demonstrates precisely on how to clean baitcasting reel.
- Warm soapy water
- Cotton or rag
- A cotton swab or Q-tip
- Mild degreaser
- Rubbing Alcohol
When you are done fetching the required things, you should move towards the steps given below:
- The first step is to disassemble the entire reel to deep clean it. Flip open the key dial to open the cover and take the spool out. Wipe the body and the spool with rubbing alcohol at first. Remove the lines as well and dunk the spool and line in the warm soapy water.
- Wipe the outside of the reel with a clean cloth dipped in warm soapy water. Toothbrushes can also be used to clean. This will help to wipe away all the impurities settled on the baitcasting reel.
- After keeping the spool for few minutes in the water, wash it, dry it and attach it in its place.
- The handles should also be cleaned. So, for removing the handle turn it anti-clockwise and rinse it thoroughly with the warm soapy water. With the help of Q-tip or cotton swab clean the inside areas like the handle-mounting area on the body if the reel. Degreaser can be used to remove oil or grease. Put reel oil to prevent corrosion and attach the handle back to the reel.
- Once the cleaning is completed; you should let the reel dry or wipe it with a clean cloth. As said before, reel oil can be applied to provide moisture and prevent dirt and rust residue. Therefore, put oil inside every part by using a cotton swab. For example, on the shaft of the spool, a pinion gear that lets the handle move freely, worm drive and gear and many other inside components.
- When the reel is dried up, assemble all the part and adjust them like they were before. Hopefully, you will be able to see a smooth, polished and varnished baitcasting reel.
Follow the guidelines above to clean a baitcasting reel and never forget to take excellent care of it each time you fish with a baitcasting reel. Just like you, we also want your baitcasting reel never leaves your side but provides a lifetime fishing support.