As with most tasks in life, the most important tool to bring is yourself. Actual tools for a job help, but without knowledge and experience, little will be accomplished. Knowledge of how to tie braided fishing line comes with that knowledge and experience. The importance of tying braided fishing line pertains most importantly to type of braided line purchased and type of fish one is fishing for.
Braided line used for the purposes of tying braided fishing line can be purchased anywhere from department stores to specialty outdoor shops.
There are important types of knots to be aware of when tying tying braided fishing line.
They are the:
How To Tie Braided Fishing Line Perfectly?
- Uni to Uni
- Cinch Knot
- Blood Knot
- Non slip loop
1. Double Uni or Uni to Uni Knot
This is a reliable knot that can be used for a variety of fishing.
- Make 5 turns with a braided line around the reel and the next 8 turns around the first braided line with the second braided line.
- Make a second Uni knot on the other end of the reel for a Uni to Uni knot.
- If just knotting the line, the two ends can be brought together for a strengthened knot in the middle of the rope.
2. Non-slip loop Rapala Knot:
A monofilament knot.
- Make a simple knot and hold onto the end.
- Loop three times around the line.
- Pull the end through the final loop and make your knot.
3. Improved Clinch Knot:
Great for attaching the braided line to a hook, lure or swivel.
Take your four ends of braided fishing line and bring them together in a clinch knot.
4. Blood Knot:
A more traditional knot.
Tie both ends of this knot to join in the middle.
5. Palomar Knot:
This is a strong and relatively easy knot to tie with braided line.
- Make a simple knot in the line.
- Thread the hook
- Make a simple hook and secure the knot.
6. Non-slip Loop:
A non-slip loop at the end of the line.
- Make a simple knot
- Wrap the end of the braided line five times and pull the not through
Tips for Tying Braided Fishing Line
As with any project related to fishing, patience is key. Note: Always use precaution while fishing especially around the eye area.
Mastering these knotting skills proves invaluable in not only fishing but many fine detailed work subjects; such as: knitting, quilting and art.
With the following steps on how to tie basic fishing line perfectly, your knowledge can be carried over to the specific knots listed above. Perfectly might sound unachievable, but in fishing as in the natural environment, perfection can be sought after and obtained.
If all else fails, tie your braided line to a cane pole. Dug up earth worms and the cane pole are still my favorite tools for fishing.
To tie the knot to your reel, simply with an overhand knot. Making a loop and passing one end through the other. Together, attach the two braided fishing lines, a braid fishing line, double loop them around the earth worms’ coils and go.
Leave a Comment