A Stitch in Tying: Simplifying the Task of Tying Braided Fishing Line
- Immanuel Baranov
As with most tasks in life, the most important tool to bring is yourself. Actual tools for a job help, but without knowledge and experience, little will be accomplished. Knowledge of how to tie braided fishing line comes with that knowledge and experience. The importance of tying braided fishing line pertains most importantly to type of braided line purchased and type of fish one is fishing for.
Braided line used for the purposes of tying braided fishing line can be purchased anywhere from department stores to specialty outdoor shops.
There are important types of knots to be aware of when tying braided fishing line.
They are the:
- Strong knot strength - dynamically incorporated strands in KastKing Superpower braided lines allow you to easily tie a more solid knot; you can even tie an improved clinch knot.
- Low memory - helps you achieve a better, farther casts, less chance of wind Knots
- Greater abrasion resistance - of KastKing braided fishing line decreases the likelihood of losing your "big one"! KastKing Superpower Braid line's powers are...Super!
- Ultra-high sensitivity & Zero stretch - for superior hook setting that increases your catch ratio.
- Smaller diameter - compared to other brands allowing you to spool more fishing line on to your reel.
- Great Abrasion Resistance - The monofilament strength/diameter of the high performance braided fishing line is available in 10lb/4.6kg/0.12mm/0.0047inch, 20lb/9.1kg/0.23mm/0.009inch, 30lb/14.1kg/0.28mm/0.011inch, 40lb/18.2kg/0.32mm/0.012inch. The 4 strands incredibly strong braid line is extremely abrasion resistant and made for fishing around hard structure.
- Long Lasting Coating – Unlike braid lines using water-based dyes that wear off easily and allow water to penetrate the fibers, the braided line utilizes an unique coating that is the best at preventing color fading and color loss, and increases UV resistance.
- Extreme Sensitivity - You can cast farther and better, clearly feel any slight bites with the thin and low memory braided fishing line. Your hook setting power increases dramatically giving you higher percentages of hookup ratio and fish landed.
- Smooth & No Burr - This braided line contains smooth plait without burr and allow you to conveniently pass the lines through the rod guides for improved casting experience.
- Wide Application - Whether you fish for bass, trout, walleye, muskie or any other species, our line will perform great in freshwater, saltwater, surf fishing, ice fishing or bow fishing.
How To Tie Braided Fishing Line Perfectly?
|Uni to Uni||Rapala||Cinch Knot||Blood Knot||Palomar||Non slip loop|
1. Double Uni or Uni to Uni Knot
This is a reliable knot that can be used for a variety of fishing.
- Make 5 turns with a braided line around the reel and the next 8 turns around the first braided line with the second braided line.
- Make a second Uni knot on the other end of the reel for a Uni to Uni knot.
- If just knotting the line, the two ends can be brought together for a strengthened knot in the middle of the rope.
2. Non-slip loop Rapala Knot:
A monofilament knot.
- Make a simple knot and hold onto the end.
- Loop three times around the line.
- Pull the end through the final loop and make your knot.
3. Improved Clinch Knot:
Great for attaching the braided line to a hook, lure or swivel.
Take your four ends of braided fishing line and bring them together in a clinch knot.
4. Blood Knot:
A more traditional knot.
Tie both ends of this knot to join in the middle.
5. Palomar Knot:
This is a strong and relatively easy knot to tie with braided line.
- Make a simple knot in the line.
- Thread the hook
- Make a simple hook and secure the knot.
6. Non-slip Loop:
A non-slip loop at the end of the line.
- Make a simple knot
- Wrap the end of the braided line five times and pull the not through
Tips for Tying Braided Fishing Line:
As with any project related to fishing, patience is key. Note: Always use precaution while fishing especially around the eye area.
Mastering these knotting skills proves invaluable in not only fishing but many fine detailed work subjects; such as: knitting, quilting and art.
With the following steps on how to tie basic fishing line perfectly, your knowledge can be carried over to the specific knots listed above. Perfectly might sound unachievable, but in fishing as in the natural environment, perfection can be sought after and obtained.
If all else fails, tie your braided line to a cane pole. Dug up earth worms and the cane pole are still my favorite tools for fishing.
To tie the knot to your reel, simply with an overhand knot. Making a loop and passing one end through the other. Together, attach the two braided fishing lines, a braid fishing line, double loop them around the earth worms’ coils and go.